FenixOro Gold Corp. (“Fenix”) is a Toronto based company formed in 2019, which is engaged in evaluating, acquiring and exploring natural resource properties in Colombia. Fenix owns the rights to the Abriaqui project in Colombia.
Gold mineralization was discovered within the Abriaqui Project property area prior to the arrival of the Spanish in the 17th century. Gold has been mined legally in the Abriaqui area for generations by local, small-scale miners using artisanal mining methods and water-gravity processing techniques, without explosives or chemicals. Abriaqui is comprised of claims totaling 1393 hectares and is the closest project to the Buritica mine, acquired by Zijin Mining for $1.4 Billion in January 2020. “Buritica style” gold mineralization, represented by ultra high grade gold veins combined with wider zones of lower grade mineralization, has been discovered in the Phase 1 drilling program recently conducted at Abriaqui. Phase 2 has commenced and FenixOro is targeting 5m+ zones of gold mineralization within which are contained 1-2m zones of high grade gold. To date, FenixOro has identified potential for the first 2 million ounces of gold on the Northwest block of the project, a small portion of the total land package.
FenixOro intends to create value through continued exploration at Abriaqui, with the objective of expanding a mulit-million ounce high grade gold deposit.
- Best Address” on one of the most prolific gold belts in the world
- Next door neighbour to the Buritica mine, one of largest, highest grade gold projects in the world
- Exploration led by Stu Moller, a leading expert on this emerging gold producing region and discoverer of the Buritica deposit
- Significant discovery of “Buritica style” high grade gold mineralization has already been achieved
- Project in the early stages of drilling, the most exciting phase of exploration for early stage investors
- Favourable capital structure with warrants providing a built-in source of financing